Skill level: Beginner | Pre-requisite: None | Duration: 6 hours
Ever yearned to make your own bread or pizza dough but have been intimidated by the process? Learn fool-proof tips for baking bread in your home oven without any special equipment or skills. Discover the secrets you “knead” to make a perfect loaf every time. This course will de-mystify the process of making bread and show every home-baker just how easy and rewarding it can be.
Dates & Price
|10:00 AM – 4:00 PM||Sunday, February 19th 2017||$150 + HST
Price includes ingredient costs and use of tools in class.
There will be a 20-30 minute break for lunch during this class. We recommend that students bring in a lunch as there are limited options around the school. There will be a kettle, microwave, fridge, panini press and Keurig machine for your use.
What You Will Learn
- The function of ingredients.
- The role of pre-ferments and starters.
- How to rise and retard dough.
- How to substitute flours to create whole-grain bread.
- How to turn a basic home oven into a perfect bread-making oven.
- How to convert pita bread dough into an easy pizza dough
Breads Covered in Class
- A quick honey whole-wheat sandwich loaf with a cinnamon-swirl variation
- Easy pizza dough
- Quick and delicious pita bread
- Proper forming of a variety of bread shapes
- Demonstration of a ciabatta loaf
- Honey whole-wheat bread
- Honey whole-wheat buns
- Pita bread
- Flat closed hard toe shoes
- Have hair tied back
If you do not wish to pay through Paypal, you may fill out the form below and a Registration Officer will contact you shortly to complete your registration.
You may also call 416 -440-0333 to register over the phone.
You are not officially registered for the class until the payment process is complete.
There are no refunds for classes. A credit will be issued for a future class if we are provided with a minimum of 72 hours notice. No changes are allowed if the class is missed or less than 72 hours cancellation notice is given, however, we welcome you to send someone in your place. This is a strict policy, absolutely NO exceptions due to weather, illness, traffic etc.
If you fail to show up to a class, no credit is offered and there are no make up classes.